Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Delhi – Where My Dil Goes On and On

I have lots of memories of Delhi been flying throughout my mind frequently. I have visited almost every nook and corner of Delhi with my friend. You can call it what you will Dilli or Delhi. Delhi is a city where my dil always wants to be, it’s a city which lives vigorously with a past that remains evocatively present. So when you walk along the bylanes of this imperial city tread with the street food in your hand, every crumbling wall has a story to tell. The ruins and ramparts still stands tall and also the modern huge buildings and skyscrapers which never shadows this ramparts.

With the background of so many historical building and architectural masterpiece there are lots of delicious foods which I love to have all day. In this walled city every nook and corner you can find something to eat. From eateries in the by lanes to five star restaurant the food which has the diversion among will make your mouth and stomach feel amazing. Delhi offers everyone with all Indian and international cuisines in different ambience to suit mixed budgets.

The city is hub for Mughalai and frontier cuisines like tandoori chicken which is extremely popular with Delhites. Parathas at parathe Wali Gali in Chandini chowk, Chaat at Bengali Market and sweetmeats from Annapoorna and Ghantewala can be part of gastronomical tour of Delhi. Delhi Haat is awesome place, offering a range of Indian cuisines from different states at reasonable rate, which is set in midst of crafts bazaar, this open air food stalls are very pleasant place to enjoy food.

Some places I love to go frequently is like India gate, originally called the All India War Memorial. To see the eternal flame, “Amar Jawan Jyothi” which was lit in 1971 to honor the martyrs with lush green lawns, it is perhaps one of the most beautiful areas of New Delhi.  Another place is Qutab Minar, which is the something of a landmark in Delhi. Made of sandstone and decorated with calligraphy, representing verves from the Koran. At the foot of the Qutab Minar, stands the Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque which is said to be the India’s oldest. At the corner of the mosque is an Iron Pillar, bearing 4th century Sanskrit inscriptions of the Gupta period. Other places like Garden Of Five Senses, Lotus Temple, Humayun Tomb, Red Fort, Safdurjung Tomb all are also my favorite.

37 comments:

  1. Travelers and passengers returning from Lagos testify the wrapped fun in this wonderful city of Africa.

    Flights to Lagos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delhi To Manali Bus Booking

    I found this post useful.I was trying to find this. Really refreshing take on the information. Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAGHAAN: OCHARD RETREAT- Tourist Places around Delhi for weekend getaways,day picnic in states around Delhi India, stay/accommodation in resorts around Delhi and many more.Tourist Places Around Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Airawat.Com offer India Travel Agent,Indian Tour Operators,India Travel Agency,Travel Agency India,Travel Agent India and many more on affordable price. for more details click here - www.airawat.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same proposal one lady put in front of me, and i was not at all impressed with here so i rejected that proposal. Now i think i was absolutely right. You can also post this news to all leading sites like tripadvisor and all and tell people about there misleading offers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey this is a nice blog, I also started posting some of my travel experiences on my personal blog Ishita Mehta I started my first post with my Same day round trip to Neemrana from Delhi. Please comment and let me know about the pros and cons of my writing which would help me improve my reviewing & explaining skills.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cargoindia.net offer Cargo Services,Domestic cargo services,Logistics companies in Delhi and many more.for more information click here : Domestic cargo services and call us : +91-11-42664144.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and informative post on Delhi. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. I am now a new Follower of your Blog.
    Judy - Judy H-J's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy for following me back. Have a nice day.

      Delete
  9. amazing!!!! i would love to visit delhi someday. all of your travels are so amazing, it's so important to see new places and experience culture and life that may be different from ours. i can't wait to follow you through your travels. :)
    thanks for visiting and following me wilson! have a great week!
    kendra

    www.kendrakaypahukoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me back. Have great Weekend.

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog made me hungry for Indian food! Hard to get where I live:) I'll have to add that to my shopping list, thanks for stopping by my blog through the blog hop - what a great blog you have, I love traveling too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, really Delhi has lots of mouthwatering foods and this place is well known for its amazing street foods.

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the return, its really pleasure meeting new bloggers around the world. ave a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to meet another traveler Wilson...
    thanks for dropping in... I followed you back too...
    hope it'll be fun reading each others' travel stories...
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me back. Will definitely waiting for your next post.

      Delete
  14. Cars on Hire- India is a car rental agency which provide Car Hire India,car rental delhi and taxi hire india.They provide taxi or cab facility and offer best tour package in reasonable rates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to say many thanks to you for the useful information that you provided here.
    To get more info click below...
    tour operators in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  16. To Download Hindi Movies is a best way to get entertainment next to your door feel free to watch your favorite movies and that to free and fully download the movies you like to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice blog brother..and now following you
    i hope you get a chance to following me back...

    http://zsecurties.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many thanks for this interesting and very well written article. Your work is appreciable perhaps you have done a hard work on it.
    sunway lagoon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post!
    Delhi, the capital city of India is a popular tourist destination in India where tourists can explore world heritage sites, Historical monuments, shopping bazaar and etc. but I have also more information about Delhi Tourist Destinations if you want to know then please visit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Post seems very good information related to tour and trip. Thanks for sharing this post. Weekend Trips from Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  21. liveThanks for sharing ood and helpful article with us. I really have enjoyed all of this very cool information.
    Corporate day outing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your blog articles it is really very informative.
    Domestic tours..

    ReplyDelete
  23. We offer office shifting, household shifting, heavy machinery shifting, bike transport, and car carrier services, Moving Insurance, Corporate Moving, and so on.
    Packers and Movers Agra

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Feed